~ Flight Photography Tips with Olympus ~
I have just returned from St. Paul Island in Alaska and one of the big photographic opportunities there are the alcids in flight. I think many people are intimidated by flight photography and rightfully so, it can definitely be a challenge! So, here are a few tips to help improve your flight shooting;
- Set the camera focus to "All Point" (to use the entire sensor)
- Turn on tracking and bird detection (to give the camera the best chance)
- Set shutter speed to a minimum of 1/2500 (to minimize blur)
- Switch the lens focus limited to the furthest setting (Faster focus)
- Turn off IS (speeds up your frame rate)
All of that and then get out there and practice! There are a few more tips and tricks I can share about birds in flight so continue to monitor this group for more info!